> Pascal Luban
A master class with Pascal Luban, the game designer that works on both triple-A (Splinter Cell, Alone In The Dark, Wanted – Weapons of Fate) and mobile games.
Game designers, creative directors and project leads that already know the basics of
freemium design and need to further their skills.
- Monetization strategies - What are their pros and cons? How to define the
monetization strategies best adapted to your game?
- Retention - How to retain your players after their first game session? How to
build a successful long term retention strategy?
- Economic design - How to control the player’s progression? How to define the
prices of items sold in soft currencies?
- Hardcore versus casual gamers - What are the key issues when designing a game
for hardcore gamers?
- Metrics - What are the key metrics to follow and why?
The master class is supported by case studies to demonstrate key learnings.
- Best practices to engage players during their early game sessions and to retain them over the long term
- Review of all monetization strategies, their pros and cons
- Technique to define leveling thresholds and players progression
- Technique to define the price of items sold in soft currency
- Description of key metrics, the way to compute them and their use
- Strategies to monetize a game targeting hardcore gamers.
> More information
, 09:00 - 16:00
South Moravian Innovation Centre (JIC)
Purkynova 127, 612 00 Brno
Freelance game designer for 20 years, who had the opportunity to work for clients like Ubisoft, DICE, Activision, Sony or Infogrames. More information.
> Admission price
4 490 CZK / 1 person
3710.54 CZK without VAT
We are offering up to 20% discount for bulk purchase. If you plan to buy more than two tickets, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Buy your passes early and you will get a hefty discount on standard prices. These prices are only valid until 30th April 2018! After this date, the price will be 5 490 CZK with VAT (4536.94 without VAT).
Get Passes now